For meat and fish products producers we offer a great range of food ingredients, such as antimicrobial systems, antioxidants, plant extracts, dried vegetables and mushrooms, emulsifiers, enzymes, functional blends, animal proteins, food fibers, yeast extracts, starter cultures, natural colours and colouring foodstuffs, hydrocolloids.
We can offer thye following antimicrobial systems:
- protective cultures of microbial origin, which control effectively the growth of pathogenic and other microorganisms, which can cause spoilage of food products;
- fermentates, which improve taste and texture, stabilize emulsion and help to maintain freshness and fresh-keeping of a wide range of food products;
- antimicrobials of chemical origin, which prevents spoilage, caused by the growth of Gram+, pathogenic microorganisms, yeasts and molds.
We can offer an extensive range of rosemary extracts which naturally protect food products against oxidation and therefore extend their shelf life. These extracts can be used in wide range of applications and are effective alternatives to chemical antioxidants.
Carnosic acid and rosmarinic acid, which are the most potent antioxidant compounds found in rosemary, inhibit free radical chain reaction. We can offer rosemary extract in liquid and powder form.
We can also offer other fruit and vegetable extracts, such as onion extract, lettuce extract, pomegranate extract, grape extract, lemon extract or Acerola cherry extract. Also antioxidants of chemical origin are available.
We can offer wide range of different plant extracts in liquid and powder form, also essential oils & oleoresins, which can be oil and water soluble.
In our product list one can find an innovative collection of encapsulated and spray-dried extracts. This new technological approach offers the best solution:
- to protect the aromatic molecules of essential oils and oleoresins from degradation;
- to preserve the strength and the authenticity of natural extracts over time;
- to formulate oleoresins and essential oils into a water dispersible format;
- for ease of storage and handling.
Dried vegetables, mushrooms
We can offer high quality different granulation dried vegetables, herbs, spices and mushrooms.
We offer broad range of emulsifiers, the oil and water binding properties of which are very important in food industry. Emulsifiers help to produce a stable emulsion, to improve the texture and mouthfeel, to prolong shelf life.
For food producers we can offer mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids and their esters, also lecithin, which can have different origin: soy, rape, sunflower, etc.
For the production of meat products we offer to use Transglutaminase enzyme, which is of microbial origin, isolated from bacteria streptoverticillium mobaraense. TG is produced by fermentation of specially designed non-gmo bacteria.
Thanks to excellent protein binding capacity TG can be used in a range of different meat products with the following technical benefits:
- Improvement of gel formation and gel properties;
- Improvement of water-holding capacity;
- Improvement of sliceability and strength in meat products to be sliced;
- Increase of the yields.
Functional systems provide blended ingredient solutions that are easy to use and ensure customer requirements are precisely fulfilled time after time. Functional systems save time and money and reduce the risk of dosing errors. Due to the synergy created between the blended ingredients, the dosage is often lower, contributing to reduced cost in use.
We can offer the following blends to meat applications:
- functional ingredients for bowl cutter applications
- brine compositions
- tumbling agents
- rind/skin treatment
- structure improvers
- shelf-life and colour improvers
- dry fermented products
- marinades in dry and liquid form.
We can also give full support to our customers developing battered food products. In addition to formulating the ideal substrate, we can offer several coating systems.
We can offer the following animal proteins to the meat producers:
- Defatted meats in powder form
- Special dried pork to reduce ripening time in dry fermented sausages
- Functional pork proteins
- Micronized functional pork proteins
- Chicken proteins
- Beef proteins
- Innovative cross-linked animal proteins
- Innovative thermo-stable pork collagens
- Customized proteins on demand.
Highly functional vegetable fibers bind moisture and liquid fat effectively, which enables to give requested texture to the final product or fibers can work as an anti-caking agent. Depending on your final product we’ll offer different fiber lengths ranging from 15 to approximately 1000 microns.
We can offer different origin vegetable fibers: wheat, bamboo, sugar canes, potatoes, peas, etc. In case of necessity we can also provide you with low dust (LD) food fibers.
We offer innovative yeast extracts – general taste enhancers, clean in taste and very powerful. They are able to enhance the natural flavor of any foods and ingredients increasing the perception of taste in terms of body and persistence (long lasting). It is possible to replace the MSG totally resulting in clean labels. You can reduce the amount of sodium chloride in the formulation while maintaining the perception of salt and overall flavor. Usage of yeasts extracts can make significant cost savings in your recipes.
For the production of cold smoked sausages we recommend to use the following starter cultures:
- Traditional and fast fermentation starter cultures;
- Protective cultures;
- Cultures for the surface treatment.
All cultures are not genetically modified and meet the requirements of Directive 90/220/CEE, KOSHER standards, HACCP/AIB, ISO9001 and ISO9002.
Highly qualified specialists are always ready to give technical service and support for the meat industry. They assist in finding solutions for recipe optimisation, new recipes and cost optimisation, also developing new products. A team of specialists with the food ingredients and application skills needed for the task works closely and confidentially with the customer, optimising the development process and bringing new and improved products rapidly to the market.
Natural colours and colouring foodstuffs
We offer an extensive range of colour extracts and powders derived from natural sources, in both single and blended forms. They compliment the flavour of food whilst providing a secondary colouring effect. Depending on the composition of the product we offer water and oil soluble colours. We can offer wide range of colouring foodstuffs for E-free solutions.
We always aim to offer the customers excellence in technical and customer service. We will provide advice and support when selecting and using colours as well as offering specific advice on dosage, processing and compatibility with other food ingredients. One of main objectives is to provide an extensive natural colour palette of easy to use stable colours, using formulations and processing that meet the requirements of our customers’ needs.
The hydrocolloids are all water soluble polysaccharides with a highly functional effect at low dosages. We can offer:
- Carrageenan derived from red seaweed and known for its extremely efficient gelling properties.Most commercial carrageenan products are a mixture of all three types – kappa, Iota and Lambda. – Locust Bean Gum – this stabilizer, thickening agent and texture modifier is obtained from the seeds of the Mediterranean carob tree. The synergy created when locust bean gum is combined with other hydrocolloids adds gel strength and texture to gelled products.
- Guar is obtained from the seeds of the guar gum bush. This cost-effective textural ingredient is ideal for a wide range of processed food products that do not require heat to develop full viscosity. Guar gum is also well known for its synergistic relationship with xanthan.
- Xanthan is produced by the micro-organism Xanthamonas campestris in a fermentation process. It is primarily used as a thickener, but is also recognized as the most efficient stabilizer for suspensions, emulsions and solid particles in water-based recipes. Highly resistant to enzymatic degradation and extremely stable over a wide temperature and pH range, xanthan has outstanding functionality in numerous applications.
- Alginate is a polysaccharide of the mixed alginic acid salts found in brown seaweed and is used as stabilizing, thickening and/or gelling agent in numerous applications.